Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm a MOM

Hello! I'm a MOM (mother of multiples). That's still weird for me to say. Glad we got that out of the way. Today I'm linking up with Heatherfor a MOM "link up party." A little bit about me.... I live in Austin, Texas and have been married to my husband for almost 9 years. We have one boy who is 3 and boy/girl twins who will be 22 months this week. I got pregnant when my little boy was 13 months. Our twins were the shock of a lifetime. Also, I didn't find out until 20 weeks that there were 2 babies. My OB offered a sonogram at 9 weeks but I declined because my bloodwork was great and I was too cheap to pay my deductible in December and then pay again in March. I also believe that God was protecting me. I am a terrible worry wart. Had I known early on, I would have worried so much. I had an amazing pregnancy and carried the babies to almost 38 weeks. I was able to chase my little boy around in the Texas heat during the summer. I got to eat ice cream daily because I wasn't gaining enough weight. Looking back, I should have eaten more and lived it up! Oh well. I love my life so much. Yes, some days are tough but I then remember that I am blessed with 2 snotty noses to wipe and two diapers to change at a time. Some people don't even get one. I am looking forward to our weekly link ups. I am hoping this will get me blogging more :) Man, this is a RANDOM post. I promise I'll get better.

4 comments:

  1. Love your post! I'm one of the hostesses of the link up! So glad you could join us! Feel free to visit my blog. Www.thewilkersonway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by and linking up! Looking forward to getting to know you in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by from MfMbM. Your family is adorable, can't wait to get to know you better in the weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute family! we have a few things in common. i'm in tx, with a 3year old and twins, and we also found out at 20 weeks that we were having twins and were shocked too! i look forward to getting to know you a little better through the MoMs link up parties.

    ReplyDelete